HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company has been a leader in the general insurance sector. The company was established in a joint venture by HDFC Limited and ERGO International AG.
While HDFC Limited is a major financial services company in India and ERGO International AG is the main insurance company for the Munich Re Group, HDFC Ergo provides a variety of insurance products that meet both the insurance needs of individuals and corporate entities.
HDFC Ergo offers a variety of insurance plans including travel insurance, motor insurance, fire insurance, commercial insurance plans, and health insurance plans. The plans offer a wide range of coverage and competitive premiums.
Today’s focus will be on the HDFC Ergo plan for health insurance.
HDFC Ergo Features
Below is a list of the HDFC Ergo plans and their details.
- It has 120+ branches in India and more than 3000 employees.
- ICRA awarded the company a rating “iAAA” because of its excellent claim settlement record.
- For its customer service, policy issuance, and technological advancements, the company has been awarded ISO certification.
- HDFC has received numerous accolades since its inception.
- HDFC Ergo currently serves more than 1 million customers
- The company offers a variety of insurance policies for health. The company offers a variety of policies to protect you, your family, and dependent senior citizens’ parents.
- The company also offers a critical illness policy that covers many critical illnesses and pays a lump-sum benefit upon their diagnosis
- There are also personal accident plans that cover accidents and pay a lump-sum benefit when there is a claim.
- All plans that the company offers allow for lifelong renewals
- You can also add optional coverage benefits to your policy to get a wider range of cover.
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Benefits
HDFC Ergo is renowned for its health benefits in its health insurance plans. These plans offer you the following benefits:
- You can get assistance round-the-clock from the company for product-related questions and grievances
- The company approves 90% of pre-authorized cashless claims made under HDFC Ergo insurance plans within 20 minutes. This makes it easy for you to settle your claim quickly.
- HDFC Ergo insurance plans include a Wellness Application that you can download to your smartphone. This app helps you live a healthy life and rewards you for it.
- Online insurance policies for HDFC Ergo are available without lengthy paperwork. The purchase of policies is easy because they are available online.
- To cater to cashless claims settlements, the company has more than 10,000 hospitals in India.
HDFC Ergo: Types of Plans
1. HDFC-ERGO: Health Suraksha Insurance Silber Smart Plan
This plan is indemnity insurance, which provides affordable coverage and covers any medical expenses. The main features of this plan are:
- Individuals, families, and seniors can all purchase the plan.
- The room rent is not subject to any cap
- If your policy year ends with your base amount insured, the insured sum is reinstated
- You can also have in-home treatment on a non-cash basis
- The plan also covers mental illnesses
- For wider coverage, optional covers can be added to the plan.
2. HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver Plan
This simple plan offers affordable health insurance and the following features:
- There are no upper limits on the rent of rooms or other expenses in an inpatient hospital.
- Each year is eligible for a 5% no-claim bonus
- The policy can be purchased at any age, as there are no age restrictions
- You can choose to have the policy taken out on an individual basis or as a floater amount insured.
- 10% discount on premiums if more than one family member is covered by the plan under an individual sum insured basis
- Non-allopathic AYUSH treatments are also included and covered in this plan
- After four years of no claims, you are entitled to free health checks
3. HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Plan
This policy is another variant on the HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha plan, but it has greater coverage. These are the features of this plan:
- If two or more family members are covered by the policy, a 10% discount is permitted in the premium rate
- You can get coverage up to INR 10 Lakhs
- The entry age is not restricted
- The plan includes coverage for maternity expenses and newborn babies.
- If you have a serious illness, you can get an e-opinion from the company’s medical team. This service is free of charge
- The optional regain benefit on the HDFC Ergo Medical Insurance Plan replenishes the insured sum in the event of a claim during the policy year
- An additional premium can be paid to increase the bonus no-claim bonus to 10%